Sunday, December 1, 2013

Mallards out back

I love my Mallards that hang out on my canal.  Every morning and evening we have a routine. They sit on the dock until I get there food and head out the patio door.  As soon as the door opens, they stand up and start moving to the edge of the dock.  As I walk down the bank the slip into the water and swim away.  As soon as I have put the food into the bowl and start walking back up the bank they turn around and start swimming towards the food.  If I stop and turn around, they too turn around and swim away.  Once I am back on the deck they will swim up to the dock, fly up and start to eat their food.  This is their dock and no other ducks are allowed at their dock when they are feeding. 
 
Below are a few photo's of the dance we have each day. 




 
 




 
 

 
 

 
 




 
 

 
 




 
Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints!”
~ Chief Seattle
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment