Monday, December 30, 2013

Project 10: Dark

Project 10 Challenge is a group of photographers who post ten photos on the theme of the month.  This month's theme was dark.  With the kids home from college and the running around, I have not had the chance to actually photograph something dark.  I did try to convince my daughter to pose for me on the theme but catching her was a lot harder than I imagined. College students are out all night, and sleep all day.  So I decided to focus one the next fixed member of my household. 
 
Moonshine (aka Missy since I do not see myself running around shouting Moonshine) is the baby of our family.  She has only lived with us for about 4 years.  She is probably 57 varieties and she is totally dark.  Midnight black.  Whenever I take pictures of her all I seem to see are these yellow eyes in the middle of the black.  So she is my model for dark this month. 
 
This is probably the first time she has seen a Christmas tree in our house, since I have not put it up for a number of years, and she watched the proceedings with great interest.
 
 



Once the presents came out she was more than interested, nosing in all the goodies and searching for her own present, I am sure.  Like all the rest of the quizzy adults in our family.  Little did they all know but I had super taped them down so that there would be no early peeking.
 



"Look mom, I've found mine, it says Moonshine on it.  I don't see Oliver's though".




"Aww, I just love Christmas - I got a catnip mouse.  I get to chase it, lick it, bite it and best of all smell it".


I love my catnip mouse.....


 Oh Oliver,  I am in kitty heaven....


After wearing herself out chasing and smelling her catnip toy, Missy soon disappeared to what appears to be her latest hang out spot, under the Christmas Tree.  Not sure what she will do after New Years Day when the tree comes down and all the decorations are put away. 


So this is my take on dark, my little black cat, who personality is the sweetest, even when she is slightly naughty.


“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”  
~ Charles Dickens
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! So great that you could capture this fun encounter!

    ReplyDelete