Monday, December 9, 2013

Blount's Botanical Garden Part 2

The orchid show had so many different varieties on sale.  I could have had a real time of it spending my money.  But discipline prevailed and the only money I spent was my entrance fee, and $7 on 3 tiny tree orchids, that if they survive, may flower in 7 years time. 
 




A stream meanders through the botanical garden, and this small wooden bridge carries you from one side to the other. 










 
So many different stunning varieties.  I wish that I had time to research them and name them all.
 












 
I am not sure what this plant is, definitely not an orchid, but so attractive in it's deep brown color.  I do not think I have ever seen a flower quite like this in color.
 


Back to some additional Venus Flytraps in a different are of the orchid show. 





 
Having been through all the orchids, we then took time to walk through the gardens and enjoy the sounds of the birds, and the peace that most botanical gardens offer you.  So join us as we walk around and take in the sites.
 
 
 
 

I love this flower.  Its very plain and simple.  Yet when I look at the tip closest to the right hand side, I see a surprised face in the formation of the petals.  A mouth that is in a circle, a dot for a nose, and what looks like two eyes on either side of the dot.





Roses are always a favorite with me.  I love their colors, and their smells.  I love how they make me feel warm and loved. 




 
This white plant reminds me of Christmas - the leaf is like a Pointsettia.  It may well be. 





Reflections are also a favorite of mine.  I can spend forever, just looking at reflections in water.  Some overwhelm my mind and others give me tremendous peace. 



“In joy or sadness flowers are
our constant friends.” 
 
~ Kakuzō Okakura, The Book of Tea


If you would like to move on to part three of Blount's Botanical Garden, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment