Monday, October 28, 2013

Vizcaya the gardens part 2

If you are following my story, this started out as my project for 30-minutes-in-the-life, and continued as a follow on to that post. For my 30-minutes in life blog post click here and then just follow my links.  The gardens unique and exceptional.  Join me as I show you just another element of the wonderful place. 

 
 
 
This part of my walk took me through the side of the garden behind the statues to an area call the Theatre garden, to these whimsical character.  The court jester, of course, is my favorite.
 
 
 




Beyond that area was the Maze Garden guarded by this lady below who is created in the structure of a sphinx. 



 
Walking further on, deeper in to the garden I found the beautiful Fountain Garden.
 
 
 
 
Moving back to the center of the garden I found the grotto's guarded by these by these nymph like characters.  Once again, we see this coral type rock formation.







Along the center island are canal setups that flow around the garden and dragonflies that hang out around the pools.
 
 



 
 
 




 
Along pathways I walk, exploring all the options this beautiful garden has to offer me.
























 This is Vizcaya a beautiful home set in the heartland of downtown Miami.


 
 

 “Gardens and flowers have a way of bringing people together, drawing them from their homes.”  

~ Clare Ansberry, The Women of Troy Hill:  The Back-Fence Virtues of Faith and Friendship

 
 
For the last part of my Vizcaya Museum and Gardens and my submission for the Project 10 Challenge click here. 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment