Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Simplicity: October 2013

Simplicity - a simple quality.  How often do we find a simple quality in life.  In today's culture everything is hurried, the pace moves so fast, and I often say that I just want to stop and smell the roses.  A group of photographers have gathered together to capture the simple things we come across in life.
 
Every couple of weeks I take a walk through the wetlands.  Most often I love to photograph the animals that are around.  Plenty of birds, every so often a gator, some turtles, and if I am lucky a raccoon.  I have yet to see the bobtail that hangs out at one of the places I visit.  In most instances I am not there to take flowers, but if something catches my eye I will go ahead and do so.
 
My attention was captured by a dragonfly, unfortunately it had no plans to stop and allow me to take a picture.  As I was walking away I noticed a plant that I thought was pretty and so I stopped and took a picture.  A glance at my camera screen suggested that I reframe and zoom in on my plant. This is my simplicity picture for October.
 
 

 

THE SIMPLICITY OF A BUG ON A PLANT

 


 
“Nature has a great simplicity and therefore a great beauty”
  ~ Richard P. Feynman


Please click on the here to see what Philadelphia Photographer, Sara Kelly has chosen to showcase for her simplicity image - I know I cannot wait to see. 

 

 

 



1 comment:

  1. Wow, Sharleen, you have really created a beautiful image here. I love the light through the tip of the flower petal. I love the amazing, cross-shaped symmetry you've made with the color of the bug and the purple petal, and the two blues of the flower. Amazing, amazing. I love the arch of the flower and that you didn't crop out all the stem on the right. Really well composed and executed.

    ReplyDelete