Sunday, September 15, 2013

Simplicity September 2013

It seems like just the other day I posted the first of the Simplicity group photo's.  If you did not see those pictures please click here to view the first pictures I posted.  Simplicity is a group of photographers who have joined together to photograph simple things in life. 
As I was walking down my bank to feed my ducks, I found a shell on my bank.  Story regarding the shell goes like this - about 6 weeks ago, I spotted a large snail laying eggs all over my dock.  In awe of what I was watching, I decided to allow the mother snail to lay her eggs - in abundance all over the dock.  I never once saw the eggs hatching or baby snails emerging but those little blighters have eaten the up the garden and in particular my orchids.
I was fascinated with the whole process of how the snail laid her eggs, especially how the eggs slid down its body in this thick secretion which seemed to glue them together where they landed.  Once the eggs were laid the snail disappeared, and I thought nothing more of it until I stumbled upon the empty shell.

 The laying of the eggs, in itself, is simplicity in life.





However, the above picture is merely the explanation for my simplicity picture below. As mentioned above, I found the shell lying out on the grass some weeks after the eggs had been laid.  The shell was vacated and the snail seemed to be shriveled up outside of the shell.  It appears to have done it's job and perhaps it was now up to the eggs to hatch.  Below is the shell after the snail had vacated its home. 


The simplicity of an empty shell.





“It is beautiful, it is endless, it is full and yet seems empty" 

 ~  Jackson Pearce, Fathomless 




Thanks for stopping by, please be sure to go and check out Cindy Cavanagh, Albury Photographer and see has posted for her take on simplicity.

2 comments:

  1. Sharleen! I LOVE the empty shell. The tones are amazing, and the lighting is wonderful, and oh that reflection! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sara - I appreciate your feedback.

    ReplyDelete