Thursday, August 15, 2013

Simplicity August 2013

I recently joined a new photography group with some amazing photographers whom I hope to learn a lot from.  The theme of the group is simplicity and this theme will continue until we tire of it.  Trying to define simplicity for me was thought provoking.  What is simplicity?  What does it look like in my life - which is sometimes hectic and crazy.  And how does it fit with the type of pictures I normally shoot.  Most of my pictures stem towards nature.  What I have discovered is that there is all sorts of levels of simplicity within that area.

This morning as I was heading outside to take photographs of my ducklings I stumbled across my theme for the month of August simplicity. 



Simplicity is the raindrops on a leaf after a thunderstorm.


Simplicity is the sun shinning on the raindrops on a leaf. 

 “Is the spring coming?" he said. "What is it like?"...
"It is the sun shining on the rain and the rain falling on the sunshine...”
"It is the sun shining on the rain and the rain falling on the sunshine...”
~ Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden.



I hope you have enjoyed my pictures - please be sure to go and check out Yuliya Levit "Family Portraits"  http://www.yuliyalevit.com/blog/2013/8/newyork-photographer-simplicity-august-2013 and see what she has posted for Simplicity

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Sharleen! I love love love the second one. The light coming through the drops, the hint of a starburst, the absolutely flawless curve, and the gorgeous conversion. I cannot believe how beautiful these are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sara. I liked the black and white as well. I appreciate your comments

    ReplyDelete