Friday, September 27, 2013

Jupiter Inlet Part 1

Sometimes life throws you a curve ball and you are not sure what the right answers are but you know that in the midst of it all you have created a relationship that you do not want to let go of.  This was one of those situations.  And so we decided to bypass the curve ball and find a common denominator - which is photography.  We both love to take photo's . 
I have to tell you that I have two left feet, and eyes that do not coordinate with them.  I am going to blame it on my contact lens, but who knows, perhaps I am just totally uncoordinated.  So when I heard we were going to be climbing up Jupiter lighthouse, I was already envisioning the broken bones.  However, I was going to do this - this time was special and I really needed to be there.
The other thing about me is that if I have to drive more than 20 minutes - then I consider that going on vacation.  Today was a 1 day vacation 1 hour from home.  But I was excited to see my friend, to hug her, to tell her how much I miss her, and to just enjoy the day with her.
~~~~~~~~~

Gulp - we are going to climb to the top of that tower.  Did I say anything about height, and enclosed spaces, and edges that we may need to look over.  Not only are we going up, we are doing to have to come down as well. 

That balcony does not look that wide and I am not sure how many people it can take - did I mention I don't particularly like heights.  Oh and I am accident prone, and the thought of coming back down just scares the bejeebers out of me. 


But I suck it up and up we go, to what feels like the top of the world, while thinking all the time, I got to come down, don't slip, don't break anything.


But nothing could be better than being on top of the world with my friend.  I love that we have found something we both have in common, the love of the camera.

The view from the top was amazing and I love how these bridges go up and down to let the boats through.  I am used to it now, but the first time I saw this I could have sat and watched it all day.  Oh yeah - small things....
The Jupiter inlet looked so inviting - you almost want to hire a boat just to ride in and out. 




Sort of like this person.




or this one...


or maybe even one of these....

I love the dome of the lighthouse with all the different patterns of glass.  This was my first time up in a lighthouse and I thoroughly enjoyed the view.




Part of me had to stop and think about the important role lighthouses have played in history.  This particular light house was designed by Lieutenant George G. Meade, and was completed in 1860.  By day passing ships were signaled by flag, and at night, by flares.  If you want to read more about Jupiter Lighthouse click on the link.  Of course, I discovered that the round port hole windows were great for taking pics of yourself.


 Overall I can rate this as a Rainbow kind of day. Always beautiful to see, especially when it has been a foggy kind of week.


“A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.”  
~ Elbert Hubbard


If you enjoyed this pictures stick around for the next blog, which will be pictures once we reached the ground. 


No comments:

Post a Comment