Saturday, January 18, 2014

Project 10: January 2014: Topic: Sharp

So Project 10 comes along and the topic is Sharp, and I begin to think, I am really not feeling to sharp about anything.  I can't really do the cold thing, because truthfully except for the past week, it really has not been too cold.  I don't have young kids living in the home, and I have already used the cats.  Of course, insulin needles are defined as sharps, but that involves the cat again.  So no needles.  I could show you the paperwork on my desk regarding sharps (once again needles etc) and how they apply to OSHA regulations but that's kind of boring.  

So I am sitting and waiting for inspiration to hit. This year I have chosen to do a personal 365 challenge and we are on day 18 and so far I have survived.  Still a long way to go.  The weather has turned cold, and the thought of going out and looking for a photo leaves me thinking I would rather just stay indoors and take a picture of the cat. I know, I know, it's the cats again...

Breakfast is out on the patio and I happen to look up at something simmering in the light. Here is my picture of the day. Now, just a little bit about me, I have a love hate relationship with spiders. I really hate them.  It goes back to my childhood, and a "friend" chasing me with a huge big bush spider.  One of those ones with long legs and a big yellow sac at the back of it. Yes, yes I ran screaming all the way down the road.  I also hate walking into a spider web, it is kind of creepy, and it leaves you wondering where the spider is going to appear, and makes me start thinking of huge spiders and webs...way to much Steven King as a child.

However, there is something about spiders that I love, and that is their creativity in designing webs.  I think spiders are pretty sharp.  And when I take the webs,  I love the sharp effects that stand out against the background. 

And so here is my take on sharp.  
  











Next time you see a spider stop and check out the beauty of it's web.  I am sure that a spider is created with a really sharp mind.

“There are spiders living comfortably in my house while the wind howls outside. They aren't bothering anybody. If I were a fly, I'd have second thoughts, but I'm not, so I don't.” 
~ Richard Brautigan, The Tokyo-Montana Express


1 comment: