Saturday, November 9, 2013

Twins

In October I was asked to take photographs of a new friend and her twins.  There were a few conditions to what I needed to take, mainly close up pictures of the babies, but also one with mom and her twins. 
 
I asked my photo groups for suggestions on how to photograph twins, and looked on line for different posing of the twins and then I took a deep breathe and said let's do it. 
 
My drive to where I would meet them was 1 hour from where I live.  One of my requirements was that the babies were to sleep prior to the shoot.  We set a time for around 12:30pm.
 
First thing I learned pretty quickly, is that taking photo's of a 6 month old and taking photo's of a 1 year old was very different.  Throw into the mix two 1 year olds and that is a whole new ball game.  I very quickly realized that trying to pose them was not going to work and so I just got flat on the ground at their level and started to take random photographs.  Second thing I learned was that if they are tired they are not happy campers.  Third thing I learned was putting them directly on grass is probably not a good idea.   During this session my little guy found grass and that was that for him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


  



 
 
 



 
 
 
 
 
 





Fairly soon they got tired and irritable, and once I discovered that they had not slept I had a choice, go home, or let them sleep and try again afterward.  The second option is what I ended up doing.  I hung out while they slept. 

 



 
 
Once they woke up they were is in better mood, so we did a clothes change and then headed back outside to see what else we could get. 





 

 










 
 
 
 
Taking photo's is definitely tiring work for these sweet little souls and to be rewarded with the smile I got from this little guy but just pure joy. 


2 comments:

  1. These are fabulous! Much nicer just shooting instead - so natural - gorgeous kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Sharleen. Such natural pictures. You take wonderful photos. A wonderful memory for years to come for the family. x x x Coreen Burt

    ReplyDelete