Sunday, December 14, 2014

Project 10: December 2014: Simplicity

Project 10 is a group that I have participated in as a guest blogger for the past year.  I really enjoy their choice of topics.  Sometimes I come up with something, sometimes I am totally stumped. Sometimes I come up with the topic after the fact.  This month was a good month for me.  I love to walk in the wetlands.  It gives me the opportunity to de-stress from my day to day job which has just changed again.  Same company different workload.  Another learning curve. That is all I seem to have done the past 2 years.  

Walking in the wetlands also offers me something else.  The opportunity to see wildlife in it's natural form.  Birds, gators, raccoons, bobcats (although I have yet to see it close up), otto's (them too).  I love it.  I grew up being taught to appreciate nature.  We had all sorts of critters in our home.  Taking this walk just really settles my soul.  

However, you can only take a Moorhen so many times and it becomes a little boring.  So when I walk I tend to look for different things and experiment a little with how I take the photo.  So here is the simplicity of nature as I see it through my eyes.  













"A withered maple leaf has left its branch and is falling to the ground; its movements  resemble those of a butterfly in flight.  Isn't it strange?  The saddest and deadest of things is yet so like the gayest and most vital of creatures?"
~ Ivan Turgeneve, Fathers and Sons

Thank you for letting me post in this group.  I have really enjoyed staying a part of it and I am glad I was able to get it done. I hope that you all have a blessed Christmas and a very happy New Year.  May you dream constantly, and may those dreams come to fruition in 2015.  

If you are interested in seeing more of my photography take a look at my Facebook page or my Flickr Page.



No comments:

Post a Comment