Monday, December 29, 2014

30 Minutes in the Life: December 2014

Time is a fraction, and mine is running out....This month has been a month of adjustments.  I started a new job which means my working hours changed, my travel time changed and I face a whole new learning curve.  It also means my photography time has been affected as well. Added to that I will be having surgery on my foot on the 18th of this month and so I decided to work ahead and take my photographs early so that everything was done and prepared for the upcoming blog.

Working in advance means that when 30 Minutes decided to make this month a Five on Festive, I was not on the same page.  Truth be told, I am not even doing Christmas decorations this year.  While it would be easy enough to put it all up, taking it down will be another story. Climbing in the attic on crutches will be impossible for me.  So I decided to get a Poinsettia and call it Christmas.  Presents can go around that this year.  So my blog will not be the same as the rest but I hope you enjoy it anyway.

A few months back I bought a macro lens, 85mm. The person I bought it from told me she never used it for macro but mainly for portraits.  I have used it for macro but never for portraits.  So when Amy came home for Thanksgiving I asked her to be my model while I tried out the macro lens. 














"Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure.  You have no security unless you can live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively, unless you can choose challenge instead of competence.

~ Eleanor Roosevelt, The Autobiography of Eleanor Roosevelt

This 30 Minutes marks the joining of a number of new bloggers and it will be exciting to see what they have for us in the future.  Don't forget to follow the circle and take a look at what the other photographers have for you this month. Stacey Markel Photography / Maryland Family and Child Photographer is up next.   I always love what Stacey has to offer and I am hoping to live Christmas vicariously through my fellow bloggers.

As this year draws to a close I have to thank all the ladies I have been blogging with this past year.  It has been a blast and I have thoroughly enjoyed being part of this group.  There is amazing talent in here and each one has helped me grow in some way.  

May your coming year be full of love, peace, happiness and joy.  May you dream big and may your dreams be a journey that you constantly strive towards.  

If you are interested in seeing more of my photography take a look at my Facebook page or my Flickr Page.

21 comments:

  1. Awe, these look great!! I am glad you got to get these images of her. She is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. It was fun to get outside with her and play around. She was very patient with me. Of course, the one I love she hates.

      Delete
  2. such a beautiful girl!! what wonderful images to have! i adore the second-to-last one! just perfect! Hope you heal up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. Physically and emotionally Amy is great, however the total healing will be a 6 month journey as she did some serious damage to the bone and will need a bone graft in February before any further work can be done. Me, I am limping along, back to the doc tomorrow for the first check up. We were two weary women this Christmas.

      Delete
  3. So glad to see such gorgeous portraits of the lovely Amy! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs to both of you. I am so glad you had fun with your new lens. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy - I did have fun. I have played around with it again since then.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful images of your girl! I hope you heal quickly and that the new norm takes effect soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynzi. The new norm starts the first week in January - payroll has to happen and that will be my job.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful images, Sharleen! I love the way you've captured her personality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara. I love her personality - it is kind of quirky. But I learned so much about her sense of courage the week before Christmas and how she could take a really bad situation and handle it. I was so proud of her.

      Delete
  7. Love that you're doing more portraits :) These are great, Sharleen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colleen. It is fun. I had to blow the photo's out because she does not like her freckles. Once I started I could not stop playing around. Thank you for all the encouragement you give me.

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous images of your beautiful girl Sharleen! I loved seeing something so different from you! Hope that the new year finds you on the road to recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte - hopefully I will step out and try more things in the New Year if my new job allows me that time. I am definitely healing - got the stitches out and now am just waiting for the swelling to go down. Thank you for your kind wishes.

      Delete
  9. So lovely! Hope you are healing and will be back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's beautiful! I can't get over the absolutely stunning light in these! Beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun way to spend time with your daughter and capture her face for when she heads back on her way. Thanks for the tip on the macro lens! I look forward to trying that out.

    ReplyDelete