Monday, June 30, 2014

Tell me a story: June 2014


Tell me a Story is made up of a group of photographers who blog on one day in the month that has meaning for them.  Today my blog is on my little buddy Jack.  I love this guy. He is a photographers dream.  He plays to the camera and I have had such fun with him.  Today we were at his buddies birthday party.  I was photographing the party but when I saw Jack there I also saw my blog topic. 




Birthday parties are fun and you get all sorts of things to eat and drink.  But today was more fun because they got to have a pool party.  Pool toys, a slide and your buddies to hang out with, what more could one ask for.  




Like any other child at a birthday party, you don't know too many other kids and your best buddy is the center of attention and you have to decide whether you want to go in, hang with mom, go on the slide or just stand around until you make a decision.  




Jack has clearly had swimming lessons, and he is very comfortable in the water. In fact he swims like a fish.  




The highlight was the slide.  It was a short climb up but as you got to the top you were sprayed with water.  That did not seem to deter the kids.  They were up and down the slide. In fact not only were the kids up and down the slide, but the parents and the grandparent as well.  




Getting sprayed in the face was not so much fun.  But Jack was determined to try every way of going down.  On his butt, on his stomach, feet first, face first. He was having a blast.  




Water splashes are always fun, and I kept Jack going up and down until I got the one I was happy with.  




What I love about Jack is that he takes one look at the camera pointing at him and he smiles and it is the most gorgeous smile ever.  




He is so comfortable going under water and just having fun.  That is what comes from playing with an older brother.  Jack and James generally have a fun time together.




I asked Jack to jump in and make a splash.  He was hesitant.  His mom had told him that he is not to jump in the shallow end.  I am so glad he listened and waited for permission to jump in. 




Like most birthday parties, there was a them and the theme for this one was Monsters Inc, and I could not end my photo's without Jack doing his best monster face.  



"Carp diem.  Sieze the day, boys,
Make your lives extraordinary
~ John Keating

Sieze the day Jack.  Make something extraordinary of your life.  You are such a great little guy and I look forward to seeing what you do with the life you have been given.

Don't forget to follow the link and take a look at what Melinda Sauvageau has posted for her blog this month.

If you are interested in seeing more of my photography take a look at my Facebook page or my Flickr Page





2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful eye color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun pictures! I love the one of him as he disappeared into the water as you captured the splash beautifully!

    ReplyDelete