Thursday, October 2, 2014

Project 10: September 2014: Delicate

Project 10 Challenge's topic this month was Delicate.  There is so many things that are delicate.  As a nature photographer I initially looked at the delicate harmony of nature, but in the end I came back to some favorites of mine.  That is the Dragonfly.  We get so many different kind and color Dragonflies here. They fascinate me.  They are constantly on the move and I wonder sometimes how their wings keep up with their constant activity.  The Dragonfly itself is incredibly put together.  The wings almost look like they have been mechanically locked into their body.  They have large compound eyes.  Their head is constantly moving as it watches you.  

I always thought of Dragonflies as prey for birds.  During nesting season I have seen a female bird stuff a complete dragonfly down the throat of a chick. However, I guess dragonflies have to eat as well, and I was pretty shocked to see one eating a Butterfly recently.  I cannot say I was too happy about that.  

So here is my take on Delicate.  The beautiful dancing delights that we find in our gardens and I find in my walks around the wetlands. 



Bandwing Dragonlet Dragonfly


Four Spotted Pennant Dragonfly


Halloween Pennant Dragonfly


Scarlet Skimmer Dragonfly


Blue Dasher Dragonfly


Halloween Pennant Dragonfly


Blue Dasher Dragonfly


Eastern Amberwing Dragonfly


Seaside Dragonlet


Emperor Dragonfly



If you are interested in seeing more of my photography take a look at my Facebook page or my Flickr Page

No comments:

Post a Comment