Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Reverse Lens Macro: January 20, 2014

I have discovered that I really love the shallow depth of field in a photograph and find that my zoom lens is a favorite of mine.  I am also interested in macro photography.  However, I quickly realized that the macro lens was not in my budget right now.  Chatting with a friend I realized that I had the option of using macro tubes.  I started reading up on the web about macro tubes.  While reading that I discovered that there was a part for the camera that I could buy to shoot as close to macro as I wanted, and that was called a reverse lens ring.  So for less than ten dollars I purchased my reverse lens ring and excitedly anticipated it's arrival.

And one day it did.  I was so excited.  It did not come with instructions however, it had a red dot and a white dot and so I went ahead and fitted the ring.  Then I pulled out my zoom lens and reversed it and screwed it into the ring.  

First thing I discovered was that the aperture mode no longer worked.  According to my information the lens now no longer talks to the camera.  So you have to rely on your ISO and your shutter speed and manual focus to get the photo.  Fun, Fun, Fun.  The last item I need to rely on is my tripod.  

I also learned I really need patience.  So here are a few of my attempts at macro via a reverse lens ring.  

Below is a new bud at the base of an orchid plant.


A new bud of a hibiscus flower


A Clover in the grass with it tiny flower


The hairs on the tree moss


Tiny new buds on a plant


The tip of a pine tree frond


Tiny spikes on the tip of flower stems


A water drop on the tip of a new bud.  Note the hairs on the edge of the leaf


A water drop at the tip of a peach hibiscus petal


A spider web at the tip of a branch


 Up close on a spider


A tiny web with multi threads securing it.


A tiny pine cone


Some fungi growing off a tree


And my last two which are my favorites of this set.

A water drop on a leaf.


And it does seem that nature has recognized that spring is about to happen and I keep walking into their space when they are doing their thing.  This time it was tiny beetles procreating!


I hope you have enjoyed my venture into the the world of "tiny"  
I love seeing tiny things become life in large.

Don't forget to follow the link and take a look at what   has to offer you this month.  


“There is not one blade of grass, there is no color in this world that is not intended to make us rejoice.” 
~ John Calvin


No comments:

Post a Comment